Limited or No connectivityEdit
This error can be a major pain for Windows XP users. However, it may be caused by something as simple as a mis-typed WEP key. To rectify it, follow these steps:
- Go to Network Connections, located in Control Panel.
- Then, go to Wireless Connection.
- Double Click on the connection with the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in it.
- Click "Change the order of preferred networks".
- Delete the network you're attempting to utilize in order to use the Internet. This will make the computer prompt you for the key, if there is one. Make sure you have the correct network key.
- Once you're connecting to the network, type in the key. You may want someone to have a laptop or mobile device, with access to the wireless router's security key page. As each router company is different, the instructions on how to reset your network connection may vary. Consult your router's manual on this.
This may, or may not, work. However, if you need further assistance, you may consult me on my talk page. My username is: JediMaster362.